(...This is what one does at 4:15am on a Friday night when the other option is writing your thesis...)
With Elissa and Ansel staying in Minnesota with our families to allow me some quiet for finishing my PhD thesis, I have begun to make all kinds of to-do lists.
So here's a summary to-do list/schedule of party events (with estimated due dates) for the uninformed:
* Missing Elissa and Ansel (all the time)
* Finish writing PhD thesis (Dec 5)
* Begin packing apartment (Dec 6-9)
* Somehow find an apartment in Palo Alto via Craigslist (Dec 7?)
* Welcome Elissa and Ansel back to Boston (Dec 10)
* Public thesis defense (Dec 15)
* Finish packing apartment with the help of Elissa and my folks (Dec 16-18)
* Movers come to get our stuff (Dec 19)
* Fly back to Minnesota for Christmas (Dec 20?)
* Fly out to Palo Alto to meet our stuff (Jan 1?)
Oh, December! You will be fun!! Luckily, Ansel is going to chip in on the packing/moving/thesis defending.
Oh yeah, what I am thankful for? My lovely wife, our joyful and healthy child, family (aka baby-sitters) and friends, three experiments with primary human cells that pretty much all worked out as expected thus allowing me to finish of my thesis in a timely manner, ...
P.S. (to Trey): No wife, child, or time to cook? Imagine the consumption rate of bratwurst and other tube meat!